Handbook & Fees
Team Member Handbooks
» Competition Commitment Handbook
» BDC Petite, Mini & NAT Mini Competition Handbook
Additional monthly charges for Competition Team members:
Groups | Tuition Per Month
1 Group $11.25
2 Groups $22.50
3 Groups $33.75
4 Groups $45.00
5 Groups $56.25
6 Groups $67.50
7 Groups $78.75
Solos $35.50 per month
Duos $18.75 per month
Trios $14.50 per month
Team Tuition Policies
- There is a non-refundable registration fee of $15 per student/$25 per family.
- Competition Parents receive a 25% Discount on Yoga and adult dance classes.
- All competition dance rates are based on a 12-month payment plan, June to June.
- Payment is due on the 1st of each month.
- A $20 late fee will be added to your account of your bill is not paid by the 10th of each month.
- Payments can be paid by credit card, check, cash.
- There is a $25 fee applied to returned checks.
- There is a $25 per dancer fee for each competition/convention entered.
- There is a $5 per dance fee added for each dance entered in competition.
Time and Monetary Considerations
- Your studio time will be increased. There may be more classes per week than you are used to taking with recreational classes. Some teams require more than one practice a week; others require extra classes like leaps & turns, ballet technique, or acro.
- You will be committed to competitions: 4/5 per year, 2 dance conventions, 1 National competition.
- Parents must attend periodic team meetings (i.e. make-up, hair clinic). Team meetings also allow you to meet other parents so you can get to know them.
- Competition team members must take classes during the summer. We require attendance four weeks out of six for each required class.
- Consider the tuition for the amount of hours that will be required.
- Consider the cost of costumes, which can range from $100 to $175 each.
- Costumes must be of a higher quality because (1) they are judged for excellence and originality and (2) they will be worn many times throughout the season.
- Competition Fees are approximately $50-$120 per routine per competition. Fees are due 6 weeks before each competition.
- There are extra studio fees: Prop/Transportation Fee
- Consider travel expenses, for example, gas to go to competitions, hotels.
- Make-Up (approx. $95): Everyone’s make-up must match.
- Team jackets, backpacks, and leggings
- Team Photos and Team Videos
- Optional Extras – hair spray, gel, ponytail holders, hairnets, mascara, eyeliner, etc. The things we need to complete the professional look!